LOR - non science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcwha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a LOR from a non - science professor. Do you think it will be okay if I get 3 LOR from a science professor to make up for the non-science?

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting a LOR from a non - science professor. Do you think it will be okay if I get 3 LOR from a science professor to make up for the non-science?

Is better if u just call the school and check w them. Just think about it thats why they have a set # of LORs and where they should come from IMHO I dont think one of them will make up for the other.

Hi,

I actually checked the AADSAS FAQS and the correct conversion should be: 7 science LORs = 1 non-science LOR. Seems like you need to grab a few more to make up for it.

NOOOO!
If a school wants a non-science LOR, they want it for a reason. As suggested above, you can call the school to see about getting around this, but sending multiple copies of something they don’t want is not going to make up for something they want.

I had this same problem last year. Went to the office hours of a Spanish teacher I hadn’t talked to in years (she even tried to have the conversation in Spanish which made me embarrassed because I couldn’t hang anymore). I explained my problem to her, and how I didn’t expect anything. But after talking to her a while, and handing her my CV and PS, she was more than willing to help me out. Was it the best LOR that it could be? Probably not. But I fulfilled the requirement for the school, and the letter was probably a bit better than if I sent a random email to that professor when requesting it.

Members don't see this ad :)
so.. what schools require non-science letter? other than NOVA and CREIGHTON?