LOR not mailed out with app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HermieDDS

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recieved two letters from dental schools now that say they still need my LOR's. I called ADSSAS and they told me that they sometimes mail out the LOR's a week later than the apps. He really didn't have a reason why but it kind of ticks me off. I was expecting interview invites and instead was told my file was incomplete. Have any of you had this same problem?

Members don't see this ad.

HermieDDS said:
I have recieved two letters from dental schools now that say they still need my LOR's. I called ADSSAS and they told me that they sometimes mail out the LOR's a week later than the apps. He really didn't have a reason why but it kind of ticks me off. I was expecting interview invites and instead was told my file was incomplete. Have any of you had this same problem?

Ye-freaking-s... :mad:

HermieDDS said:

What kills even more is that my LORs were there sitting with them for a month before my application got mailed out. Its funny when I tell them my stuff was mailed out July 8th and that the LORs were recieved month prior. You suck, suck, suck, suck,suck, suck! (in my mine)

Members don't see this ad :)
AADSAS had pparently only sent 2 of my LORs to UOP. So they're telling me my application is incomplete . Is this usual? Did someone encounter the same problem?

Aadsas never sent UOP any of my LORs and that's why my file is on hold over there. I wonder how many other schools they didn't sent the LORs to because a few schools tell me that they have all my LORs and my application is complete while UOP tells me that they never received any of my LORs.

i had the same prob with pacific, but what's more is that i had my undergrad school send them my lor packet directly and they STILL say they don't have it!

Did you guys try to contact AADSAS to let them know they were missing? What is AADSAS doing anyways besides eating up our money?

ramona_k said:
Did you guys try to contact AADSAS to let them know they were missing? What is AADSAS doing anyways besides eating up our money?

I didn't contact AADSAS because it's like banging your head on the wall and expecting the wall to break. Although i asked my predental comittee to forward the LORs to UOP and they are going to do it shortly. (hmmm... please hurry... my pre-dent comittee).

It seems like UOP is not the only school that didn't recieve my LORs from AADSAS. Creighton is also telling me that they haven't recieved my LORs. Man! :( This is so frustarting. Can you guys recommend anything besides sending the LORs to the individual schools?? Thanks!

hey guys, i have completed EVERYTHING for my application, except, well you guessed it: LOR's

I have only just this past week, asked two of the three professors to write one, only God knows how long they'll take.

and reading this thread is discouraging.

i've heard of other services that do what AADSAS mailing dept. do, they simply foward one letter to a variety of different places - has anybody ever used this service? and if so, how much does it cost?

thanks.

I didn't know that aadsas doesn't send all your LORs at the same time even though they recieved all of mine like over 2 months ago. Another thing to know and regret!

If I remember correctly I spent around $40 having my LOR's forwarded to four different schools from Interfolio. At least I used Interfolio so I had the option of having them sent overnight if I wanted.

mochafreak said:
If I remember correctly I spent around $40 having my LOR's forwarded to four different schools from Interfolio. At least I used Interfolio so I had the option of having them sent overnight if I wanted.

question about interfolio so schools accept the letters since their opened up by that company and mass produced and not by aadsas?

Do you recommend this service?

teefRcool said:
question about interfolio so schools accept the letters since their opened up by that company and mass produced and not by aadsas?

Do you recommend this service?

I haven't had any problems with schools accepting LOR's thru Interfolio, although I had the letters sent to interfolio and had interfolio send them to AADSAS. I'm not sure if schools are notified by AADSAS that they came thru interfolio or not. By having interfolio send them to AADSAS you can use one of the free mailings and not have them sent separately to all schools and have to pay for it. Unfortunately, AADSAS didn't send them with my app and I had a couple schools ask for them...so I had to pay to have them sent separately. None of the schools that received LOR's directly from interfolio had a problem with them. UDM has some phrase on their website that had me worried and their response was that they were fine with it. I would recommend interfolio because it will give you direct control over your LOR's if AADSAS isn't sending them quickly enough, losing them, or whatever. Also, if I have to reapply next year my LOR's will be waiting for me in some safe electronic place and I won't have to ask the profs again. (Of course, a new LOR would probably be in order in that scenario).