LOR problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shieken

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I only have one prof. to ask for LOR. So I was wondering if I should wait until school starts in mid-Aug. and get to know more prof. then ask for LOR, then send it with the application?

If I submit required part of application early but submit LOR late (but before the app dead line), will my application considered as early or late?

Any info regarding application dead line in respect to LOR / DAT will be helpful.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

shieken said:
Right now I only have one prof. to ask for LOR. So I was wondering if I should wait until school starts in mid-Aug. and get to know more prof. then ask for LOR, then send it with the application?

If I submit required part of application early but submit LOR late (but before the app dead line), will my application considered as early or late?

Any info regarding application dead line in respect to LOR / DAT will be helpful.

Thanks

Your application won't be complete (and therefore won't be reviewed by schools) until all your LOR requirements have been met. So even if you submit your application in June, but don't get your LORs done until December, you will be considered late. See if you can meet up with another professor who knows you somewhat and discuss your desire to pursue dentistry. Also bring your prof any useful info (resume, personal statement, etc) to help the prof write a better letter for you.