LOR Problems.. Please Help.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g5chand

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to complete my secondary apps and I have one physics LOR, a non-science LOR, an MD LOR, and my director from work to write me an LOR. It seems as though almost all schools require 2 science LORs. I do not have 2, nor do I know who to get another STRONG science LOR from. What should I do? Am I screwed? Please help.

Members don't see this ad.

I am trying to complete my secondary apps and I have one physics LOR, a non-science LOR, an MD LOR, and my director from work to write me an LOR. It seems as though almost all schools require 2 science LORs. I do not have 2, nor do I know who to get another STRONG science LOR from. What should I do? Am I screwed? Please help.

Apply with what you have-- should be fine, you've got enough

Not having 2 science recs is going to limit the schools you can apply to by a lot. If you're okay with that and the schools you want to go to don't require 2, you should be fine. If not, you could try asking your pre-med requirements professors (preferably one who's class you did well in). Since they're asked for recommendations a lot, they might have a standard letter they send out. It might not be an incredibly strong letter, but since you seemed to pick your other recommenders carefully it probably won't be seen as an issue.