LOR Problems

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

potatocake

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in a predicament with my LORS. I have a letter from my dentist and my physical chemistry professor, but my anatomy professor never sent his (I asked him in person and he agreed to write me one before the finals). I repeatedly emailed him and even tried visiting him, but he hasn't been responsive. I kind of gave up on him and emailed a lot of different science professors. However, only one responded, and he told me that he would just write a brief description of the class and state the grade that I have received. Being desperate, I told him I would gladly accept that letter.

Do you guys think that this letter would hurt my chances to get into schools? I might try to drive down to school one more time to search for professors, but I'm not sure if I can find professors who would be willing to write me a LOR at this time. Any advice you guys can give me?

Members don't see this ad.

That kind of LOR won't hurt you, but it won't help you either. Unless you got a bad grade in that class, and then it might hurt as the letter might bring more attention to that bad grade.

It's not a strong letter and it certainly won't help you. Some schools won't like it as it literally says nothing about you as a person. You better make sure everything else in your application is in tip top condition.

Why don't you have a conversation with this guy writing your letter so you can stress how important it is for your future? Offer him a CV so he can be a little more personal? 2 sentences about a class and your grade might look bad imo.

Sent from my LG-D801 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user