Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

LOR Process

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by FCMike11, 05.14.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. FCMike11

FCMike11 SDN Silver Donor Silver Donor 5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I am starting to get my letters together, I will be applying next year. First agreed professor just wants a copy of my resume, letter of purpose (not familiar with this, assuming he wants a statement from me of why I want to go to medical school/what I plan to do with this letter) and finally where he will be submitting this letter.

Where he needs to submit this letter is unknown to me, ive seen some people say interfolio, how does this work? I mean I know ultimately it goes the AMCAS for distribution, but whats the process of where it is held or how does this work exactly?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. mvenus929

mvenus929 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Interfolio is a letter collecting service. You pay for an account, input the information for the letter writer, and then print out a form for them to include with the letter to identify it. In this way, you can hold onto your letters without violating the waiver of your right to see the letter. Once you get AMCAS together to apply, you pay something like $4 for interfolio to forward your letters off to AMCAS.

4. lobo.solo

lobo.solo 5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    This. Make sure you asked professors with plenty of time.

About the ads