LOR PTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

merebear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most of the schools that I am applying to require LORs from 2 PTs and 1 teacher. However one school requires 2 teachers. I'm wondering if the schools that only require one teacher will end up reading the LORs from both teachers or just choose one? If they do only choose one to read how do they choose which one?
It doesn't matter that much as I am confident both LOR will be good, but I am a lot closer to one of the professors as he is my adviser and I have done research projects under him therefore I think his letter will be a a more unique and personal reflection of myself.
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that the schools will consider all the letters submitted to PTCAS regardless of the requirement. It may vary by school so you may want to just email the admission advisor of the schools you are applying to check. I applied early admission to UW-Madison, they require 3 LOR and I submitted 4 to PTCAS. When I asked, the admissions advisor told me that all of the letters would be considered. I was told the same by UW-LaCrosse when I asked there as well. I would recommend just contacting the program to ask :)