LoR PTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

katc123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the PTCAS process as I will be applying for PT School this coming July. I'm assuming that for applications through PTCAS LOR are also submitted through PTCAS. So if I'm going to be apply to 4 or 5 schools, do I have to get a different professor and PT for every school or can they write 1 letter and that go to all the schools I am applying for?

Members don't see this ad.

1 letter and it gets sent to all ptcas schools you are applying to. Make sure your LOR doesnt contain specific details about a program (ie program name ) bc every school will see that letter

Also be aware that PTCAS allows you to submit a maximum of 4 LORs, so be sure to include all types of writers (PT, professor, employer, etc) required by your schools within those 4.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just for your reference, all of the information you could possibly want about the PTCAS application process can be found on the PTCAS website:

www.PTCAS.org

I just wanted to add in that yes, it is 1 letter that gets sent to PTCAS and then PTCAS will send it to your schools from there, HOWEVER- you MUST use the PTCAS LoR template... So, don't go asking for a "homemade" (for lack of better words) LoR, because they are just going to have to fill out the PTCAS LoR template (they can then elect to attach a full letter at that point.)

Also be aware that PTCAS allows you to submit a maximum of 4 LORs, so be sure to include all types of writers (PT, professor, employer, etc) required by your schools within those 4.

Lets say I get 4 letters of recc, do they ALL get sent to each school? Some schools say "Only two recommendations, one PT + one professor", while others ask for three.

Does every school receive all of them, or can you designate yourself which letters get sent where?

Lets say I get 4 letters of recc, do they ALL get sent to each school? Some schools say "Only two recommendations, one PT + one professor", while others ask for three.

Does every school receive all of them, or can you designate yourself which letters get sent where?

I had the same question last year. But when I called PTCAs, the very helpful and prompt customer service rep told me that the school will get to choose which recommendations they want. So they will see you have four LORs but the school will choose the 2 that is required for you.