LOR question.....can anyone please please help me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andwhat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone please inform me whether or not it is wise to send out 4 letters of recommendation instead of 3 that are recommended, plus the Dean's letter.... normally, as I concur, an Anesthesiology applicant sends out 3 LORs and one Deans letter, would it be wise to send out 4 LORs and the Deans letter, or should I be perspirating, tachycardic and hypotensive :) (kidding, well mostly) making that critical decision of who's letter I have worked ever so hard to obtain, in which I will have to shaft... :scared:
going crazy thinking about this.... can someone please please help!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

UTSouthwestern said:
Send them all as long as you are sure they are all positive.

well, I guess that brings me to an interesting point... you see one of the Anesthesiology attending physicians wrote me a solid letter, and then I have also acquired another letter of recommendation that is from the chairman of Anesthesiology, which as expected was good, but not overwhelmingly positive, however he is in such a high position (head of Cardiac and Pediatric Anesthesiology)... so I dont know if that would hurt me, as my other letters are pretty much stellar.... I mean this letter I am referring to - it really only has one or two positive things in the letter written on my behalf, however people tell me that its a good idea to have a letter written by someone in such a high position like that......oooh man... :scared: I am a nervous wreck as you can see.... I just want to click send so I can go to sleep and worry about other things now....