LOR question, help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkSurg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I asked my Physics professor for a LOR and she told me that she doesn't just want to write I got an A in the class. She asked for my CV and my activities etc. Should I get a LOR from her? I mean the stuff she's gonna write about (my activities) will be seen on AMCAS by adcoms anyway :confused:

Your professor is doing you a favor by taking an interest in your activities. If you think she will use the information to "personalize" the letter, then get the rec. If you really do not think she will be able to comment on you as a person, you should probably look elsewhere.

My 2 cents...

Your professor is doing you a favor by taking an interest in your activities. If you think she will use the information to "personalize" the letter, then get the rec. If you really do not think she will be able to comment on you as a person, you should probably look elsewhere.

My 2 cents...

:thumbup:

If you still have the chance to sit down and talk with your Prof (if you're on campus over the summer) and haven't done so yet, that would also be useful. Just so your prof can get a better idea of your personality and interests. If she has 200 students per semester, it'll help her keep you straight from the other dozen students she's writing letters for.