LOR question regarding expiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NavyDDS1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have a letter from my dentist whom I worked for and it's about a year old since I got it last summer.
Other 2 letters from my science professors are from back in May 2013.
I'm starting my post-bacc this fall, but I am still applying this cycle just to give it a shot since my DAT score came out really nice although I have a low GPA
3.14 from 4 year school and 3.62 from CC
Combined under AADSAS I have 3.30 oGPA 3.20 sGPA
I know schools really look down on CC and I also have downward trend GPA from the institution I transferred to.
What do you guys think about this 2 letters from my science professors that are 2 years old.
There is no way I can get a new one since I havent even started my post-bacc.
Would schools still accept them? and would I have any chance of interviews this cycle
Im a VA resident and thinking of applying VCU and UMD only since I don't even have my new grades.
ANY FEEDBACK would be greatly appreciated

p.s. I graduated from college in 2013 so theres no way I can get my new LORs

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you can ask the dentist to resend the letter, just put a new date on the letter. If you have a copy of the letter, send that with any updates you might have. Same with the profs, just email them and ask if they can resend the letter with a new date.