LOR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdaniels360

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've built a couple of great relationships with the two PT's who are writing my letters for me and have a few concerns i would like addressed.

Question 1: What all information do i need to provide them with for them to be able to write the best letter possible. I was thinking resume which includes all extra curricular activities (obviously), transcripts, all my volunteer hours from other settings, etc.

Question 2: I plan on submitting all these materials to them this coming weekend, giving them a month (which is apparently fine with them; i asked...), since i want to submit my app by the end of July, or early August at the very latest. Should i provide them with a minimum length requirement (ex. 2 pages), and if so, what do people recommend? Or does PTCAS provide all this for them?

If i plan on giving them all this info this weekend, PTCAS won't be open yet, and i won't be able to provide them with any additional info on where they need to go online to verify hours and submit LOR's. I guess i could just get them the packet this weekend and wait till July 2nd to send them links?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Joe

Members don't see this ad.

Question 1: What all information do i need to provide them with for them to be able to write the best letter possible. I was thinking resume which includes all extra curricular activities (obviously), transcripts, all my volunteer hours from other settings, etc.

A resume should be enough but I don't think transcripts are necessary.

Question 2: I plan on submitting all these materials to them this coming weekend, giving them a month (which is apparently fine with them; i asked...), since i want to submit my app by the end of July, or early August at the very latest. Should i provide them with a minimum length requirement (ex. 2 pages), and if so, what do people recommend? Or does PTCAS provide all this for them?

The sooner the better is what we keep recommending on this board. Do not ask them to write a longer letter. Longer is not better. Let them write the letter and let them choose the words.

If i plan on giving them all this info this weekend, PTCAS won't be open yet, and i won't be able to provide them with any additional info on where they need to go online to verify hours and submit LOR's. I guess i could just get them the packet this weekend and wait till July 2nd to send them links?

Joe

Give them everything this weekend. I doubt they will write your letter the day you give them your resume. It usually takes awhile to write an LOR. For some people it takes forever and they are forced to constantly ask the writers to submit the LOR, despite their promises to write them. Send them the link next Tuesday when the application cycle opens.

Kevin