LOR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cheetahlover

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have three letters from psych and two letters from medicine and peds. We're only allowed to send four letters per institution and I was wondering if I would be better off using three psych + another specialty or two psych + two other specialties. The latter combination shows that I had good rapport across several specialties but I wonder if simply submitting more psych would be more telling of me as a psych resident.

Members don't see this ad.

I have three letters from psych and two letters from medicine and peds. We're only allowed to send four letters per institution and I was wondering if I would be better off using three psych + another specialty or two psych + two other specialties. The latter combination shows that I had good rapport across several specialties but I wonder if simply submitting more psych would be more telling of me as a psych resident.
Assuming the letters are of similar strength, go with two from psych and one from elsewhere if you can only do three. If you get 4 letters, do 2+2