LOR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'mJustCurious

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this have been answered many times but I keep getting different answers. I'm graduating a semester early and am taking a gap year, but I still want to ask some of my professors for a letter of recommendation. How should I go about it? Is there a website, like interfolio, where I can hold on to them LOR or should I ask one in paper. I'm just not sure which route is best to hold onto LOR so that I can use in two or three years later. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Interfolio is what I used! It was super easy for me to get them uploaded on AACOMAS when I needed them

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long did you keep the LOR in the interfolio before sending it to AACOMAS
I kept my LORs in Interfolio for a little bit under a year. I had to go through the application cycle twice so I did not have to run around asking for recs again.

I kept my LORs in Interfolio for a little bit under a year. I had to go through the application cycle twice so I did not have to run around asking for recs again.
You can reuse LORs? My only problem is that I am taking a gap year so I will either need to ask one before I leave or email my old professors the year of my application cycle