LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

honeybee87

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
If we submit our application before a letter writer can submit their letter, will our application verification be delayed until they submit the letter? Will they even be allowed to submit the letter once the primary is submitted?

Members don't see this ad.

1) If we submit our application before a letter writer can submit their letter, will our application verification be delayed until they submit the letter?
2) Will they even be allowed to submit the letter once the primary is submitted?
1) No.

2) The processes of Primary submission, verification, and applications being transmitted to med schools are completely independent of the LOR process. If your writer doesn't submit a letter until the fall term begins (or later, though hopefully not), it will still be accepted by AMCAS.

Reactions: 1 user
1) No.

2) The processes of Primary submission, verification, and applications being transmitted to med schools are completely independent of the LOR process. If your writer doesn't submit a letter until the fall term begins (or later, though hopefully not), it will still be accepted by AMCAS.
Would we still be able to input additional recommenders on AMCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. You can add letters later. I advise all applicants do not, repeat, so not assign a letter to a school until the letter is actually uploaded into the AMCAS letter system
Bolded for emphasis. Definitely it's a good strategy to wait on assigning letters, as it's it's not a good surprise when a promised letter is delayed or never shows up for various reasons. It's good to have a backup plan in case this happens to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. You can add letters later. I advise all applicants do not, repeat, so not assign a letter to a school until the letter is actually uploaded into the AMCAS letter system

What if the professor totally picky sweared that they’ll write it?

What if the professor totally picky sweared that they’ll write it?

this actually happened to a friend of mine. The professor then got a diagnosis of MS and things sort of went out the window. Picky or not. I think waiting is a good call.

What if
1) professor promises and then disappears for say the summer and ghosts?
2) how about if they get seriously ill or a close family member does?
3) what if they get hit by a car?
4) what if they suddenly resign?
5) Or goes on maternity leave unexpectedly early.
6) Gets hired by another university.
7) Gets fired.
8) Dies.

We've seen all the above.