LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NicMouse64

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I apologize if this has been asked before. I am planning on applying Anesthesia in the upcoming cycle. I will have 2 Anesthesia letters and 1 IM letter. On my Psych rotation I have a Preceptor who knows me very well and is willing to write me a letter. My question is if this will do me any good or if I should just stick with the 2 Anesthesia and IM letters or if it's worth including a psych one on my ERAS application.

Appreciate the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Include your best letters. Unless I know the individual, I usually don't care if they're a surgeon or even a research preceptor. As long as you have some anesthesia letters, having a really great letter from someone is usually not a bad thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it's another letter that just gushes about you...I don't see how that adds much value. You obviously are gonna pick people who like you to write letters. What about this letter will be especially unique? Otherwise, you're adding more work for readers.