LOR question

jackets5

10+ Year Member
Jan 20, 2005
    i have read that for applying for residency it helps to have a "name" doctor write one of your LOR's. You think the same thing applies to med school. Not thinking it would be a major help but hey every little bit counts.

Sabrinne

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Mar 6, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    1. Medical Student
      jackets5 said:
      i have read that for applying for residency it helps to have a "name" doctor write one of your LOR's. You think the same thing applies to med school. Not thinking it would be a major help but hey every little bit counts.

One of my LORs came from the head of Pediatrics at my school, but I don't know exactly how famous or how much of a 'name doctor' he is. Anyway, when I applied at his alma mater, I didn't even get an interview. So read into that what you will. I don't think it matters that much, but hey, it probably can't hurt either.

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.