LOR Question

Started by Mudfever
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mudfever

Still Searching
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be applying next summer for allo schools, but had a question about LOR's. I have noticed that many of the non-trad's had their employers do a LOR. Well, I worked in the family business and my father was president and my boss. One of my advisors had mentioned possibly asking him for a letter. I don't think it would be a good idea. Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks
 
I wouldn't get a LOR from your Dad. Have you worked for anyone else besides your family? I worked for my Dad for many years too, so I understand. I would try and get a LOR from an employer you're not related to. 😀
 
Yeah, that is what I thought. It would be taken as "his daddy wrote him a letter, how sweet 👎 NOT!" Haha.

prionsRbad - Not really, I had different jobs while in school, but only worked for the fam. bus. after school.

Now I will be starting a part-time position as a cardio-pulmonary tech to gain patient contact in 2 weeks. I will probably work there for 2 years (when I will finish my second UG in Bio - 1st was in Bus. & Admin.). And the real bonus is that the pos. is at the med school hospital. I will ask for a LOR from them.

Thanks for the advice!