LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwfergus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you had a professor in your first year that knew you well and you KNOW could personally write you a great LOR, should you do it? Because they will date it and when you're going to submit it with the application 3 years later, it will be old. Is that alright?

I know there are going to be different professors but just i moved to a bigger school where the classes are 400+ so i doubt a prof will know me as well as this one did.

Thanks for the input guys!

Members don't see this ad.

If you had a professor in your first year that knew you well and you KNOW could personally write you a great LOR, should you do it? Because they will date it and when you're going to submit it with the application 3 years later, it will be old. Is that alright?

I know there are going to be different professors but just i moved to a bigger school where the classes are 400+ so i doubt a prof will know me as well as this one did.

Thanks for the input guys!
I have a 4 year old letter, so I hope it's ok! If you know the professor can write a convincing letter for you, then by all means have the person write it!

could ask them to write it now and hold on to it until app time, or could take prof for another class and then ask for the letter

If the relationship is good, I don't see why s/he couldn't just change the date later.