LOR question??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anxiousteen

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just want your opinion.

i had 3 interviews last time. my lors coudln't have been that bad if i had an interview right??

i asked my volunteering supervisor to write me one and she said she could but she didn't know me that long so she can't write alot. i know her for like 5 months now. should i even get her to write one?

Members don't see this ad.

I want to bump this b/c I have a similar question.

I have five letters I'm content with and even though I didn't get any interviews last cycle, when I called the schools that rejected me, none of them mentioned that my LOR were the problem. I was just wondering if you all think it is necessary to update my letters this time around?

I asked my LOR writers if they had any hesitations about me becoming a doctor, and whether they would write me a GOOD letter when asking them to write me one. That way I wouldn't have any reservations about what was written in them. If you are hesitant about re-submitting your 2008-2009 letters, it might be a good idea to talk to the LOR writers to see if they are confident in your 'abilities' (or whatever) as an applicant. Just my humble opinion! :)