LOR Rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

They_Call_Me_OD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied on June 16 and I just got an email a couple of days ago saying: “After reviewing your application, the letter of recommendation from a Dentist cannot be accepted. It needs to be on letterhead, signed and sent from a business or school email address. Please reach out to your recommender and have him/her resubmit it.”
Problem is my Dentist doesn’t have a business email so I have no idea what to do. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I applied on June 16 and I just got an email a couple of days ago saying: “After reviewing your application, the letter of recommendation from a Dentist cannot be accepted. It needs to be on letterhead, signed and sent from a business or school email address. Please reach out to your recommender and have him/her resubmit it.”
Problem is my Dentist doesn’t have a business email so I have no idea what to do. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Is this from UMD? Had something similar happen with them last year. Dentist just resubmitted with letterhead and signature and it was fine even though he used his personal Gmail.

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve never heard the business email thing. Maybe just tell them he doesn’t have one or rather have him list his business’s name/address/contact after his signature. But yes, some schools are sticklers about having the business letterhead and signature, so make sure you have him provide these this time and resubmit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
have them make a gmail or other free account with their name and degree...

I had the same issue with Western University late last week as well as LECOM. Glad I was able to get everything in early to just have letters get rejected late July and have to redo them:rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 user
I had the same issue with Western University late last week as well as LECOM. Glad I was able to get everything in early to just have letters get rejected late July and have to redo them:rolleyes:
Yeah it was western university that sent me this email. Anyways thanks guys I’ll tell them to do the letterhead thing and see what happens.