1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

LoR Reminder

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Cannonbolt, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Cannonbolt

One of the LoRs that I'm waiting for AADSAS to receive is from the dentist I interned under, and I think arguably my most important one. He chose to send in a paper LoR, and I mailed him a packet with some info (resume, personal statement, thank you note). Over three weeks have passed, I've received two of my other LoRs (electronic), but none from him. Does it take a longer time to process paper LoRs? Is there a nice way I could contact him and ask him to hurry it up?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cherr1pop

Pre-Dental
    did you give him/her the loe matching form as well?
    the paper probably does take longer since electronic ones are verified almost instantly but the paper ones probably have to be processed by the people working at aadsas. i'd say just email/call him for a reminder.

4. Cannonbolt

Yes, I included the matching form as well.
    The question is, how do I call and remind him politely?

5. cherr1pop

Pre-Dental
    Just call and say that you wanted to make sure he sent the letter cause it's not showing up on the AADSAS. And if he tells you he did then just tell him it's probably delayed at AADSAS and thank him. If he hasn't sent it, chances are he probably needed the reminder (but still do thank him ;))