LOR sending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2PacClone23

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my professor has written my LOR on say MS Word. Now, what do I do? My university has stopped doing career services for LOR. I heard that if it's digitally written (like word), you can't actually "submit" it until June 3rd which is when the application opens up. Confirm?

Members don't see this ad.

affirmative ghostrider. get your prof to submit it to AADSAS come june, or set up an interfolio account and have him/her submit that piece. you could also do it the old-fashioned way and have him print it off, put it in an envelope, put their wax seal on it, then send it via carrier pigeon.

The whole copy and paste method on June 3rd seems SO MUCH more convenient. But then again, can't someone just give a fake email address, check the inbox, and write a BS LOR for himself/herself? I mean, is there a verification method to check that the email you give AADSAS is an ACTUAL prof email address?

Members don't see this ad :)
Checkout www.interfolio.com

I store most of my DIGITAL letters on there. I got a few hardcopy versions of other letters, but I store those at my college department's file system. FYI, I haven't Waived my rights (so I actually don't know what's written about me - although my counselor says they're great LORs).

Interfolio just seems like a place to "store" LORS and send them off. Why not just wait until June 3rd and have them link their LOR's directly to AADSAS? seems so much easier to me

Interfolio just seems like a place to "store" LORS and send them off. Why not just wait until June 3rd and have them link their LOR's directly to AADSAS? seems so much easier to me

True. But I've had these letters sitting there for a year now, so it's just convenient to keep that open in case I don't get in this cycle...and when I apply next time, I don't have to go back to the letter writer to submit another letter. That's pretty much why I started it. I dunno...I'm kinda assuming how this whole LOR sending thing works. But I do think that you can RUSH letters to AADSAS with Interfolio? I can check for you, only if want me to.

I am wondering how the electronic uploading works also.

While it does offer convenience and saves on postage and paper, the dentist I'm who wrote one of my LOR has a yahoo email account. I'm thinking how would they really know its him and not just a buddy of yours.

my professors I'm cool with they can use their school email addresses.

True. But I've had these letters sitting there for a year now, so it's just convenient to keep that open in case I don't get in this cycle...and when I apply next time, I don't have to go back to the letter writer to submit another letter. That's pretty much why I started it. I dunno...I'm kinda assuming how this whole LOR sending thing works. But I do think that you can RUSH letters to AADSAS with Interfolio? I can check for you, only if want me to.

Get those thoughts out of your head! :slap:

No but seriously, how does AADSAS know the email you provide for your LOR professor isn't really your OWN email address or some other dudes?