Oct 26, 2010
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Sooo. As far as my OR's go I have a committee letter, and will be getting a letter from a dentist. I graduated this past summer and the science professor I had write me a letter about 2 years ago wrote it with the intent of recommending me for medical school. Sooooo, since I am out of college and the other professor probably forgot about me already, how can I go bout getting another LOR from a professor. I don't think the committee letter would cut it on its own.

amalgamgrillz

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 24, 2008
USA
Status
Pre-Dental
Sooo. As far as my OR's go I have a committee letter, and will be getting a letter from a dentist. I graduated this past summer and the science professor I had write me a letter about 2 years ago wrote it with the intent of recommending me for medical school. Sooooo, since I am out of college and the other professor probably forgot about me already, how can I go bout getting another LOR from a professor. I don't think the committee letter would cut it on its own.
Go back to your old professor - show him everything you've done so far to figure out why medical school was the worst decision of your life and why dentistry is a better profession/ better suited for your life/that you are a qualified applicant..and get him to rewrite your letter

Rubber Dam Man

protecting you since 1950
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2008
Maryland
Status
Dental Student
I would email the professor to see if he/she remembers you and can recall the LOR that he/she wrote for you. Many professors have LORs saved for at least a year or two. If he/she does remember you - wonderful... you could then proceed to set up some sort of phone appt where you would be able to explain your circumstances and bring him/her up to speed... then go from there