LOR specificity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TeamGuo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am in my last section for the ADDSAS app. For the LOE section, for those of us applying to many schools, how do we let ADDSAS know that certain letters are going to specific schools?

If you guys can give me some help that would be awesome. Thanks :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

yea I was wondering about this as well cause it seems they all have different mixtures they want

Correct me if I am wrong, but all letters sent to AADSAS go to every school you list when you submit. Most schools require the standard two science profs and one "other" letter, preferrably from the dental field. Then there are a handful that require three science profs, or want a non-science prof, or an employer, etc. AADSAS won't seperate those out for you, so have them send your standard packet with the three or four letters that you want every school to receive, then have the extras sent directly to those specific schools by your evaluators. An easy way to do this is to give the "extra" evaluators addressed, stamped envelopes for all of the schools that you need their letter sent to, and ask them to send copies to each of those schools. Also, remember that the less specific schools will accept extra letters, so you can even send a fourth letter through AADSAS to all of you schools, and it may even help your app.

Members don't see this ad :)
so you are saying pretty much we can't separate schools under ADDSAS. hmmm that's a bummer. :thumbdown:

Just to make sure could anyone else verify this info?

this sucks since some schools want 2 science and 1 non science then there's schools that want letter from a dentist.

this sucks since some schools want 2 science and 1 non science then there's schools that want letter from a dentist.

If those are your only two differences, you can send all four letters to all of your schools. They will accept more letters than they require. AADSAS will let you send four letters through them, so you could send them your 2 science, 1 non-science, and 1 dentist. The letter from the dentist will only help your app at the schools that require a non science, and vice-versa. If you also have another school with a different requirement (i.e. a letter from an employer, volunteer supervisor, etc.) then you would need to have that sent individually since AADSAS only takes 4.

yea I've picked 2 science and 1 ortho/ whom is my dental mentor to have it sent out via ADDSAS and rest my employer and non-science letters will have to be sent out from my school directly.

thanks for all your help! Appreciate it.