armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Non-Student
Anyone know what this means? I'd call AADSAS but I've been trying that for the past few days with no luck.

jtsai256

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2006
Status
Dental Student
I had the same thing for one of my LORs. I called AADSAS and the rep told me that an Incomplete status can be due to one of the following:

1.) Professor did not sign the letter
2.) Professor did not sign the envelope flap that carried the letter
3.) The letter got damaged in the mail

The rep told me that they often look past 2 and 3 unless it's a glaring issue. I suppose the only thing to do would be to contact your prof, give them another AADSAS LOR form, and have them send the letter again with 1 and 2 in mind.

Hope that helps!

bionerd

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
jtsai256 said:
I had the same thing for one of my LORs. I called AADSAS and the rep told me that an Incomplete status can be due to one of the following:

1.) Professor did not sign the letter
2.) Professor did not sign the envelope flap that carried the letter
3.) The letter got damaged in the mail

The rep told me that they often look past 2 and 3 unless it's a glaring issue. I suppose the only thing to do would be to contact your prof, give them another AADSAS LOR form, and have them send the letter again with 1 and 2 in mind.

Hope that helps!

what's this about signing the envelope flap that carries the letter?? One of my prof is writing this for the first time and might not know...cuz I sure as hell didn't know and didn't tell her!

OP
armorshell

armorshell

One Man Freak Show
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Non-Student
BTW, I found out what happened and fixed the problem, one of my dentist letter writers didn't sign the letter :laugh:

drdoodle

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2006
Status
Pre-Dental
I called them about this too coz my LORs have all been sent out yet there's still no check mark in the little folder icon on my application checklist page. They said not to worry about it.

nir1009

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2006
Status
Dentist
berlex said:
can't we send the letters directly to the school?
you should call up each school you are applying to and ask if its okay. I think they prefer you send it thru AADSAS but if your application has already been mailed out (as in my case), all of my schools said it was fine to mail the letter directly.

berlex

10+ Year Member
Aug 13, 2006
Status
nir1009 said:
you should call up each school you are applying to and ask if its okay. I think they prefer you send it thru AADSAS but if your application has already been mailed out (as in my case), all of my schools said it was fine to mail the letter directly.
can send it to the schools via interfolio.com?