LOR/Supplemental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeanBag2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My LOR's all got sent out to DO schools already. The problem is I had an MD one but no DO one because the DO doctor I shadowed was hard to get in contact with. He finally got the chance to send my LOR to my university to be sent out. Now, I have secondaries to submit but most schools favor DO LOR over MD. Should I send in my LOR before I submit my supplemental to the school and delay the process even longer? I am a little confused on what to do and don't want to hurt my chances by a school reviewing my app without a DO LOR but I also want to get my stuff in ASAP.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
My LOR's all got sent out to DO schools already. The problem is I had an MD one but no DO one because the DO doctor I shadowed was hard to get in contact with. He finally got the chance to send my LOR to my university to be sent out. Now, I have secondaries to submit but most schools favor DO LOR over MD. Should I send in my LOR before I submit my supplemental to the school and delay the process even longer? I am a little confused on what to do and don't want to hurt my chances by a school reviewing my app without a DO LOR but I also want to get my stuff in ASAP.

Submit your secondary ASAP. Once you get your DO LOR, send it to the schools that 1) require it for your file to be complete and 2) emphasis OMM/rural medicine/primary care.

Last edited:
^ Listen to this insightful individual

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)