LOR timeline with Interfolio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toastedbutter

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on using Interfolio for all of my letters while applying this cycle. I'm hoping to submit my primary the first week of June. What would be the appropriate timeline for all of the letters? Do letters get sent out the same time as the primary directly from interfolio or do I have to somehow load my letters from Interfolio into amcas prior to submitting my primary? I've started asking my writers for letters and they're asking about deadline and I'm wondering if giving them end of May is adequate or if I should ask them to have it done earlier (because I don't know if it takes time for interfolio to send letters to amcas or if it's automatic).

Members don't see this ad.

Interfolio will tell you how to send the letters to AMCAS, and then they will get submitted with your application. It does not take very long for that process and letters will not hold up your verification time. End of May is fine, do note there could be delays on their end especially if finals are around that time.

I'm planning on using Interfolio for all of my letters while applying this cycle. I'm hoping to submit my primary the first week of June. What would be the appropriate timeline for all of the letters? Do letters get sent out the same time as the primary directly from interfolio or do I have to somehow load my letters from Interfolio into amcas prior to submitting my primary? I've started asking my writers for letters and they're asking about deadline and I'm wondering if giving them end of May is adequate or if I should ask them to have it done earlier (because I don't know if it takes time for interfolio to send letters to amcas or if it's automatic).
You will directly tell Interfolio when to send your letters to AMCAS. It is not an automated thing. Giving this order at about the same time as you submit your AMCAS primary will make sure that you have an active application for the letters to be matched up to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay great. So just to make sure, I should have all my letters loaded in Interfolio before submitting my primary and ask Interfolio to send them to AMCAS after submitting my primary when the application is being processed? @wysdoc @chilly_md

Reactions: 1 user
Okay great. So just to make sure, I should have all my letters loaded in Interfolio before submitting my primary and ask Interfolio to send them to AMCAS after submitting my primary when the application is being processed? @wysdoc @chilly_md
You can send the letters to AMCAS before submitting the primary as well as long as you started an app for the 2023-2024 cycle. Just follow the instructions provided by Interfolio after the letters are submitted by your writers.

Reactions: 1 user