LOR Trouble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LolaLu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
So I had completed everything on my AADSAS portal, my transcript was uploaded and both of my DAT's (I took it twice) were uploaded and even my comittee letter was completed BUT my dentist that I have shadowed the past 2 years STILL hadn't uploaded my letter and I've called twice so far. So I e-submitted my application on June 22 because I decided I wasn't going to wait any longer and I know you can submit it without LOR's. The processing takes a while so I wanted to submit ASAP. But my question is does it look bad that I didn't have his LOR before I e-submitted? And also how do I go about calling him and asking? I will be calling today for a third time.

Thanks for your input!!

Members don't see this ad.

I dont think it will look bad, but keep contacting him to make sure he uploads it before the schools review your completed app.

Reactions: 1 user
I dont think it will look bad, but keep contacting him to make sure he uploads it before the schools review your completed app.
I mean I read of GlimmerBug's Q&A that schools will either invite you for a interview without the letter or deem your application incomplete until the letter is sent but I just want it sent ASAP. I will call again soon to remind him. Atleast I'm glad I still have that comittee letter already on there.

Reactions: 1 user
I had to deal with a similar situation. I would send him an email and ask for the status of the completion. If you send an email, it'll sit in his inbox and whenever he opens his mailbox, he'll see it and it'll help serve as a reminder. You can also flag it as urgent so it'll hopefully sit at the top of his mailbox. Let him know a firm deadline for when you'd like all your apps to be completed by. Re-send all your supporting docs if necessary and ask if there's anything you can do to expedite the request as you're worried about the status of your applications at this point. If you make it sound urgent without sounding like you're pointing fingers or laying blame, then hopefully that gets the message across. When you send the email, mention you'll follow up in x days to re-confirm either by phone or in person if possible. Hope your letter gets in soon!!