LOR - Where to send ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hoak

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my first time applying for dental schools and I don't know what to do with LOR. I already asked 2 of my professors to write me letter of recommendation. I just don't know what to do with them ?

Do my professors have to send their letters directly to AADSAS or they can hand the letters to me. Then I will make copies of them to send to schools which I apply ?

I heard that LORs must be sealed and you cannot open them to copy, is that true ?

I read that there is LOR form from AADSAS ? what is that ?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Once, you've started your application with AADSAS one section will be where you identify who is writing your LORS. When you add an LOR, you'll be able to print out an AADSAS-generated LOR matching form. Give this the LOR writer, and ask that the matching form accompany the LOR to AADSAS. Supposedly the envelope is supposed to be sealed and the seal signed by the LOR writer. Someone for the current cycle started a thread indicating that AADSAS refused to process the LOR due to a on-signed envelope seal. I can't say if this is true or not. The LORs I mailed for the LOR writers had the envelopes sealed and signed.

If I want to apply for 5 schools, how can I have enough letters to send out since I only receive one from each LOR writers and they are sealed so I cannot make copy of them ?

Will I send the letters to AADSAS or to the schools I apply ?

If I want to apply for 5 schools, how can I have enough letters to send out since I only receive one from each LOR writers and they are sealed so I cannot make copy of them ?

Will I send the letters to AADSAS or to the schools I apply ?

I believe you send the one copy you have to AADSAS and AADSAS will copy them and send them out to the schools you choose.