LOR, which ones?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrReo

"Thread Necromancer"
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently, I have a physics, genetics, and an English professor to write for me. Since a majority of schools require someone who you have worked for, or should ask my orthodontist for a letter? I'm having a hard time figuring what ones to choose, in other words.

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same question. Currently I have 2 science and 1 non-science professor recommendations, since most schools I have seen want those. I have also seen some that want an employer and others that specifically want a dentist. AADSAS limits it to 4, though, right? So submit the most commonly asked-for 4 amongst the schools to which you are applying to AADSAS and send any other random ones to other schools individually? Maybe?

Currently, I have a physics, genetics, and an English professor to write for me. Since a majority of schools require someone who you have worked for, or should ask my orthodontist for a letter? I'm having a hard time figuring what ones to choose, in other words.

any of y'all know? Any previous appliers?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can always mail the best 4 through AADSAS, and bypass the last one and just send it straight to schools. Most are OK with that.

that's what I did. I sent 2 science 1 dentist 1 boss to aadsas and I had another professor letter sent directly to the schools that wanted it