Lor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arybyinski

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Gang,
I have spoke with a few of the Doctors I know about medical school and they have offered to write me LOR's. When applying, can I submit certain LOR to certain schools, like the writers alma matter?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yes, when you apply, you can pick and choose which letters to send to which schools. But don't obtain a letter just because a doctor went to a certain school. School affiliation may not help at all (I had 2 outstanding letters written for me by medical school faculty at X school, only to have X school reject me 2 months later). Just make sure the people you approach for LOR know you well enough to write a solid recommendation.

Hey Gang,
I have spoke with a few of the Doctors I know about medical school and they have offered to write me LOR's. When applying, can I submit certain LOR to certain schools, like the writers alma motter?
It's mater.

Your letter writers should submit to a letter service such as Interfolio or the AMCAS service.

You can then pick which letters to submit to which schools using that service.