Lor

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

arybyinski

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Gang,
I have spoke with a few of the Doctors I know about medical school and they have offered to write me LOR's. When applying, can I submit certain LOR to certain schools, like the writers alma matter?
 
Last edited:
Yes, when you apply, you can pick and choose which letters to send to which schools. But don't obtain a letter just because a doctor went to a certain school. School affiliation may not help at all (I had 2 outstanding letters written for me by medical school faculty at X school, only to have X school reject me 2 months later). Just make sure the people you approach for LOR know you well enough to write a solid recommendation.
 
Hey Gang,
I have spoke with a few of the Doctors I know about medical school and they have offered to write me LOR's. When applying, can I submit certain LOR to certain schools, like the writers alma motter?
It's mater.

Your letter writers should submit to a letter service such as Interfolio or the AMCAS service.

You can then pick which letters to submit to which schools using that service.