1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

LORs confusion

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by canine777, May 25, 2008.

1. canine777

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Hi All,
    I am preparing for my application and trying to get LORs right now, but I am really confused about sending LORs. First of all, AADSAS said max is four individual letters or comittee letter. So, if I send more than four individual letters, is it bad?
    Another question is since AADSAS requires LORs directly from the evaluators, do I need to ask the professors to send the letter again if a dental school asks for the LOR during secondary application? I am really confused. Please please help.....
    Thanks all!:)

2. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    1. No. But if you send more than 4 to AADSAS, they will only send 4 LORs to each respective schools.

2. Most of the time, schools will allow you to bypass AADSAS when it comes to LOR. Have the professors send them straight to schools instead of AADSAS and you don't have to limit yourself to just 4 LORs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. canine777

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Thanks! so, if I asked the prof to send to AADSAS, they need to send only one letter, right? But if I asked the prof to send directly to the dental school, they need to send one letter each for each school, is that right? :)

4. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Exactly. Unless you use a letter forwarding service. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...