LORs confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

canine777

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am preparing for my application and trying to get LORs right now, but I am really confused about sending LORs. First of all, AADSAS said max is four individual letters or comittee letter. So, if I send more than four individual letters, is it bad?
Another question is since AADSAS requires LORs directly from the evaluators, do I need to ask the professors to send the letter again if a dental school asks for the LOR during secondary application? I am really confused. Please please help.....
Thanks all!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,
I am preparing for my application and trying to get LORs right now, but I am really confused about sending LORs. First of all, AADSAS said max is four individual letters or comittee letter. So, if I send more than four individual letters, is it bad?
Another question is since AADSAS requires LORs directly from the evaluators, do I need to ask the professors to send the letter again if a dental school asks for the LOR during secondary application? I am really confused. Please please help.....
Thanks all!:)

1. No. But if you send more than 4 to AADSAS, they will only send 4 LORs to each respective schools.

2. Most of the time, schools will allow you to bypass AADSAS when it comes to LOR. Have the professors send them straight to schools instead of AADSAS and you don't have to limit yourself to just 4 LORs.

1. No. But if you send more than 4 to AADSAS, they will only send 4 LORs to each respective schools.

2. Most of the time, schools will allow you to bypass AADSAS when it comes to LOR. Have the professors send them straight to schools instead of AADSAS and you don't have to limit yourself to just 4 LORs.

Thanks! so, if I asked the prof to send to AADSAS, they need to send only one letter, right? But if I asked the prof to send directly to the dental school, they need to send one letter each for each school, is that right? :)

Thanks! so, if I asked the prof to send to AADSAS, they need to send only one letter, right? But if I asked the prof to send directly to the dental school, they need to send one letter each for each school, is that right? :)

Exactly. Unless you use a letter forwarding service. :)