LORs for IM residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vascsurgeon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know I really want to do IM and then into GI. I will be applying for the 2015 match and I have a question in regards to LORs. I finished my IM rotation and I will get a LOR from the attending (who is a MD and an associate director of family practice at my hospital) and I will also have LOR from a GI guy (who volunteered to write me one) who I volunteered for 10 weeks. My next two rotations are ER (mid may to june end) and Ob/Gyn (july to aug mid). Thus, I will only have 2 LORs at the time LOR website opens up.

I have a GI elective at a place I want to match into IM from mid aug to mid sept...and I want to ask him for a LOR...but I am afraid it might be too late.

What are your thoughts on applying with the 2 LORs (which will be extremely strong)?

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :)

Members don't see this ad.

My thoughts are that you posted this in the wrong forum. This is the forum for open positions/positions wanted (i.e., the classifieds). You'd get more of a response in the ERAS/NRMP forum.