LOR's for upcoming cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bodiddely

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Quick question about LOR's. I'm gearing up to talk to my professors about LORs but I'm not sure what to tell them about where/how to mail it in.

From what I understand reading the AADSAS site, I need to print off a matching form that they send in with the letter, or give them a code with which to submit the letter electronically. Does this mean that they won't be able to submit their letters until aadsas is open in May (as I won't be able to login and get their matching form/code)?

I want to be sure to give them plenty of notice to be able to write the letter, but when they ask where to send it it I'd rather not say "Uhh just sit tight with it for a few months until I can print a form off for it."

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Quick question about LOR's. I'm gearing up to talk to my professors about LORs but I'm not sure what to tell them about where/how to mail it in.

From what I understand reading the AADSAS site, I need to print off a matching form that they send in with the letter, or give them a code with which to submit the letter electronically. Does this mean that they won't be able to submit their letters until aadsas is open in May (as I won't be able to login and get their matching form/code)?

I want to be sure to give them plenty of notice to be able to write the letter, but when they ask where to send it it I'd rather not say "Uhh just sit tight with it for a few months until I can print a form off for it."

Thanks!

Yes you are correct in thinking that you may not send the letters in before you can access AADSAS. Just ask your profs to have the letter prepared before May 1. Then give them the form and have them fill out the appropriate information and send in the letters.

Alternatively, if they are willing to give you the sealed letter, then you can attach the matching form to the outside of the envelope and send it out in a larger envelope. The matching form only requires their contact information - so this you can fill out on your own. That way, you don't have to wait until AADSAS opens up.