LORs from professor

Started by neopentane
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neopentane

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does it look bad to have LOR from college professors ONLY? b/c i just started volunt. at a pharm and dont think the pharmacists there know me enough to write a good letter....anybody alse have LORs from professors only and still got accepted?
 
Mine are all from professors--like you---I recently did some shadowing--and I wouldn't expect a pharmacist I barely know to fill out a recommendation form! 😱 Whether it's "good" or not--I don't know--I don't think it hurts--UNLESS the school specifically asks for a recommendation from a pharmacist--and there are quite a few that do. Hope this helps a little! 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine are all from professors--like you---I recently did some shadowing--and I wouldn't expect a pharmacist I barely know to fill out a recommendation form! 😱 Whether it's "good" or not--I don't know--I don't think it hurts--UNLESS the school specifically asks for a recommendation from a pharmacist--and there are quite a few that do. Hope this helps a little! 😀

how many LORs did u have?
 
I have three. One from my Organic Prof, one from my Calculus prof, and one from from Speech Communications Prof.
 
I also have three--all from my Biology professors! (one of them is my advisor and neighbor) 😳 I know they wrote me really good references though--so that's good I guess! 🙂

I would have used my humanities/liberal arts professor--but he just recently passed away from lung cancer.. 🙁

In addition, I didn't feel comfortable using my Chemistry or Math professors--I just never got to know them that well.