LORs question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackcar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My question is regarding LORs for schools that are not on PTCAS. How did you submit your LORs, did you give your entire application in a large envelope to the individual who is writing the letter of recommendation and then let them mail it in. Or did you send in your application separately and let the individual send in the LOR separately. I was intending on applying to PTCAS schools and 3 schools that are not on PTCAS.

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying to some non-PTCAS schools as well, and my letter writers gave me their letters in a sealed envelope with a signature across the seal. I will include the letters when I mail in my completed application packets. The schools I am applying to specifically allow this, but some schools might want your recommenders to mail their letters directly. Definitely do not give your recommenders your entire application packet to mail in, as that would be far too risky and not necessary. I think it is best to contact the schools you are interested in to ask if they need the letters mailed directly, or if it is ok for your recommenders to give you the letters to include in your application packet.