RoadNurse33

5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2014
VA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I was originally going to apply for Fall 2014 admission but decided to delay my application for a year.

Will my two science letters be considered too old for my application? I searched the 2015 CIB and only PNWU-COM mentioned that LORs must be within 2 years of the creation of an application.

Science letter 1: Spring 2013
Science letter 2: Spring 2013
MD Letter: Spring 2013
DO Letter: September 2014
Supervisor Letter: September 2014

Any thoughts?

May 28, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I think you are good to go with those letters. But the more recent, the better. I would suggest that you request your recommenders to update the date and resubmit it to letter service of your choice. Not a big deal... Good luck !

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
It is a school dependent thing. In your case, the majority of DO schools won't even notice.

About the Ads

csx

May 8, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
You're fine. Iirc Goro said its okay. Its not uncommon that they get say a 28 yr/o with LORs from 4 years back

Reactions: 1 user

IslandStyle808

Akuma residency or bust!
7+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2012
You're fine. Iirc Goro said its okay. Its not uncommon that they get say a 28 yr/o with LORs from 4 years back

I have letters ranging from as recent as 1 year to as old as 8 years (probably won't be using my oldest one this cycle). OP will be fine.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads