Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

LOR's - when should you submit them???

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by hopeful_opt, Jul 29, 2006.

1. hopeful_opt

hopeful_opt New Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    hi,
    i'm in the process of getting my 2007 application ready. But since i'm not in same city as my University, I can't get LOR's from my professors. So, I was wondering if you can apply and send in applications without LORs and still be considered (ie. be offered an interview). There are schools who consider without OAT, so I was hoping you guys would know whether or not it's the same for LORs.

Thanks!
    (if there are any other Canadians on SDN, I'd love to know how you're choosing US schools - especially those on the West Coast, who can't really afford the possibilty of having to pay for flights to east coast schools in the US)

2. iiiimonica

iiiimonica 4 eyes on me
    5+ Year Member

Optometry Student
    do you have a letter writing service at your school?

these six must have a complete file to interview: UCBSO, SCCO, Pacific, UHCO, IU and SUNY.

your going to have to call each school you want to apply to and ask their policy.

your LOR are a very important part of your application, so good luck getting them in :luck:

3. 94GTStang

94GTStang Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Add NOVA to that list as well,

A complete application is required before an applicant can be considered. This includes the application form, application fee, a complete set of official transcripts, official Optometry Admission Test scores, and letters of evaluation.