LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snowywhite

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have 2 strong LORs...I have other potential good ones...but I really want to make sure these 2 are the ones they read...would you get a 3rd and 4th? Or only supply the 2 and get the 3rd & 4th if requested at a later date? Some of the schools on my list say they accept 3 or 4 LORs...

Members don't see this ad.

If you already have the two required, stick with those. No reason to submit more. Unless you mean when you're applying abroad, I can understand why you'd have three if it was REQUIRED. For example, I'm applying to X amount of schools, first one has a deadline sooner and requires 4 LORs, I submit all at once (to all schools I'm applying to) regardless of the fact that some only require two. As long as all of yours are strong, when adcoms choose 2/4 you should be solid.

Is the number they accept the same as the number they require? I don't see a different listing on the schools I'm looking at on PharmCAS...

Yes, typically on their official website it would say something along the lines of, "we accept 3 letters of recommendation..." followed by examples of what they want (ex. science professor, pharmacist, etc.)