LORs

Started by snowywhite
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

snowywhite

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have 2 strong LORs...I have other potential good ones...but I really want to make sure these 2 are the ones they read...would you get a 3rd and 4th? Or only supply the 2 and get the 3rd & 4th if requested at a later date? Some of the schools on my list say they accept 3 or 4 LORs...
 
If you already have the two required, stick with those. No reason to submit more. Unless you mean when you're applying abroad, I can understand why you'd have three if it was REQUIRED. For example, I'm applying to X amount of schools, first one has a deadline sooner and requires 4 LORs, I submit all at once (to all schools I'm applying to) regardless of the fact that some only require two. As long as all of yours are strong, when adcoms choose 2/4 you should be solid.
 
Is the number they accept the same as the number they require? I don't see a different listing on the schools I'm looking at on PharmCAS...
 
Yes, typically on their official website it would say something along the lines of, "we accept 3 letters of recommendation..." followed by examples of what they want (ex. science professor, pharmacist, etc.)