LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cmcapriolo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so quick overview of myself. I'm 24 now and graduated from WVU a few years ago with a biology degree. I have been working and living at home to save up money and performing volunteer work and some shadowing as well as this last semester enrolled in a couple science courses at my local University. I am now going to be applying for Post bacc programs (My preferred is the Biomedical master's program at Marshall) and just am thinking about who to go to for LORs. Being as I have been out of undergrad for a bit I don't have much connection with those undergrad professors. So right now I have as two good options a respected biology professor at Shepherd University that has known me for a long time and my boss at my current job that has known me as a hard worker that hasn't missed a shift in 3 years. I am looking for one more and was thinking about my current professor I have for anatomy and physiology however am just unsure since I haven't known him very long of course (just this semester). He knows me pretty good for a first time student of his, knows my name has conversations with me, and I'm doing fine in his class. Just didn't know if it would be weird to write a LOR for a newish student of his. So I guess I'm just looking for any recommendations and help I can get! Thanks for any help and sorry for the wordy post, I'm quite nervy about the whole thing and am just ready to be back in school!

P.S. sorry if there are any typos typed this up on my phone.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys so quick overview of myself. I'm 24 now and graduated from WVU a few years ago with a biology degree. I have been working and living at home to save up money and performing volunteer work and some shadowing as well as this last semester enrolled in a couple science courses at my local University. I am now going to be applying for Post bacc programs (My preferred is the Biomedical master's program at Marshall) and just am thinking about who to go to for LORs. Being as I have been out of undergrad for a bit I don't have much connection with those undergrad professors. So right now I have as two good options a respected biology professor at Shepherd University that has known me for a long time and my boss at my current job that has known me as a hard worker that hasn't missed a shift in 3 years. I am looking for one more and was thinking about my current professor I have for anatomy and physiology however am just unsure since I haven't known him very long of course (just this semester). He knows me pretty good for a first time student of his, knows my name has conversations with me, and I'm doing fine in his class. Just didn't know if it would be weird to write a LOR for a newish student of his. So I guess I'm just looking for any recommendations and help I can get! Thanks for any help and sorry for the wordy post, I'm quite nervy about the whole thing and am just ready to be back in school!

P.S. sorry if there are any typos typed this up on my phone.
I would recommend contacting the programs you want to apply to and ask them what they are ok with. I’ve been out of school since 2014 and they were fine with letters from my research PI, mentors, and boss from work.