LORs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aleviya

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im a little confused about how the letters of rec go and I wanted to make sure I tell my recommenders the proper things....

Do I need to turn in my pharmcas app and then ask for a letter of rec? or do I ask for one first but tell the recommenders to hold on until pharmcas sends them a form of some sort?

if any one could tell me how they went about obtaining LORs that would be greatly appreciated.

please help :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but i think you should ask your prof first and then if they say yes put their e-mail into pharmcas. I believe the e-mail is sent to them right away so there is no delay.

I'm applying this month or so and I asked my profs already and I'm going to meet up with them to give them my PS and resume and just talk with them to get to know me a little better (unfortunately I don't have a super close relationship with any of my profs). During the meeting I'll ask if they prefer to do the rec online or through paper. Then if they want to do it online, then I think its all set and they just have to fill out the form on pharmcas.

I think thats how you do it...