1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jdmsamurai, Apr 21, 2007.

  1. jdmsamurai

    Feb 11, 2007
    Likes Received:
    Dental Student
    my school offers an LOR service that can hold 6 LORs vs AADSAS 4 LORs....which service would be better??

    also currently these are the LORs i have
    1 X Research Professor/Asst. Professor (I have a publication with them)
    1 X dental assistant/shadowing for UCLA alumni dentist
    1 x dental assistant/shadowing for Loma Linda alumni dentist
    (im currently still shadowing and dental assistant for both along with research)
    1 X Seventh Day Adventist Pastor

    I was thinking I need one more...maybe from a Science Lecturer/Science Professor?
  2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

  3. 1992Corolla

    1992Corolla CheerioKing

    Sep 19, 2005
    Likes Received:
    Resident [Any Field]
    I think you need to add at least 4 more...

    Just kidding. Some school letters are recommended. Also make sure you have enough, some schools want 3 each from a Bio, Physics, Chem professor. by the time you do that you will have 10 letters. IMO that is overkill, but to each his own.
  4. djeffreyt

    djeffreyt Senior Member

    Jun 3, 2006
    Likes Received:
    Use both services...you kinda have to.

    Also, depending upon what school you apply to, the LOR requirements are different. UNLV requires 3 science professors. Most other schools require 2 sceince (one of them bio) and a dentist. Another type of school might require a science, a non-science and a dentist. So...to hedge the bets.

    Send the UCLA dentist's letter, the research letter and two letters from science oprofessors to AADSAS. That will cover about 85% of the schools you could apply to. Keep the 7th day avendist pastor and the loma linda dentist letters with your school's letter service, but don't have them sent to AADSAS, just have your school send them directly to Loma Linda cause you don't need those letters for any other schools.

Share This Page