Lors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jdmsamurai

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my school offers an LOR service that can hold 6 LORs vs AADSAS 4 LORs....which service would be better??

also currently these are the LORs i have
1 X Research Professor/Asst. Professor (I have a publication with them)
1 X dental assistant/shadowing for UCLA alumni dentist
1 x dental assistant/shadowing for Loma Linda alumni dentist
(im currently still shadowing and dental assistant for both along with research)
1 X Seventh Day Adventist Pastor

I was thinking I need one more...maybe from a Science Lecturer/Science Professor?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you need to add at least 4 more...

Just kidding. Some school letters are recommended. Also make sure you have enough, some schools want 3 each from a Bio, Physics, Chem professor. by the time you do that you will have 10 letters. IMO that is overkill, but to each his own.

Use both services...you kinda have to.

Also, depending upon what school you apply to, the LOR requirements are different. UNLV requires 3 science professors. Most other schools require 2 sceince (one of them bio) and a dentist. Another type of school might require a science, a non-science and a dentist. So...to hedge the bets.

Send the UCLA dentist's letter, the research letter and two letters from science oprofessors to AADSAS. That will cover about 85% of the schools you could apply to. Keep the 7th day avendist pastor and the loma linda dentist letters with your school's letter service, but don't have them sent to AADSAS, just have your school send them directly to Loma Linda cause you don't need those letters for any other schools.