Los Angeles SDN get togethers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SM-UCLA tech

CCOM MS4 soon OB/Gyn PGY1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any SDN'ers out there in the Los Angeles area who wish to get tother to vent, exchange ideas, hang out, and/or just drink a beer together.... let me know.

I think it would be nice to hang out with other people who are going through this horrible process...

PM me if you are interested.... and leave ideas on here for what to do or where to go.

Members don't see this ad.

sounds fun...

i vote for O'Briens (Irish Pub) on Main Street. Black & Tans...mmm. =)

that sounds like a great idea...too bad i'm not in LA...anyone in hawaii?

Members don't see this ad :)
are you talking about the O'briens on Main street in Santa Monica?

great place

O'brian's on Main is strictly speaking "venice"
O'brian's on Wilshire is Santa Monica

When?

i would sooo be there, but im stuck off in the other LA. ehehe
now if UCLA would only be so kind to grant me an interview....perhaps...

How does next saturday the 26th sound to everyone?

oooh ooh I'm definitely down! Next Saturday sounds good.
I am from LA but went away for school and now i am back but I havent figured out where all the good places are yet. I just went to the Brig last weekend and thought it was decent. Is this OBriens place nearby in Venice?

I'm down to kick it....SDNers need to stick together.... peace people :)

Let's do it...

Oct 26? Evening? Circle bar is across the street if we want to make it a night...

C

i'm down too...

o'briens on main street (venice) next saturday, the 26th, at 9pm? how does that sound? and circle bar thereafter?

-joe joe

worst thing about living in LA...having to drive to go out at night. If we're all taking separate cars, things may not get as rowdy. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
one more thing...should we post about this in the lounge too? Or is it strictly for pre-allos?

I'll see if I can make it... it's iffy right now. :)

Why dont we introduce ourselves here...

Who is in for sure?

I'm Chris... Former Bruin (x2)... Applying this year.

Ok.....Obrien's on Saturday the 26th at 9pm sounds like a plan.

As far as carpooling goes, we can try to make some kind of arrangements. I'm willing to drive so if anyone lives in the westwood/santa monica area, just let me know.

My name is Kris also..... I did my undergraduate work at Cal. St. Northridge...played baseball.......and did post-bac work at
USC and UCLA.

btw...if anyone wants to post in the lounge also that would be great...the more the merrier..... I don't think pre-osteopathic students should be left out....afterall everyone will be working together as colleauges eventually....if not at the same time during clinical clerkships...

hey dudes
Yay! I get to meet you all next weekend!
I'm not gonna write my real name because it is too unique but I'll tell you all next Saturday. ;) I just graduated from duke and now i'm living in westwood and working at ucla. funfun!
Bounty
PS SM-UCLA tech, I PMed ya!

bump'n at the circle bar

Gotta get in line before 10 unless we have some beautiful babies with us...

Oh come on! I know there are more LA people! Come hang out with me, Chris, Kris, and Joe Joe??

sorry guys i cant make the 26th... i had previous plans that i forgot about... :(

C

shameless bump
no one wants to party with me?

I will only bring peeps if there is ghetto music in the vicinity. someone said obrien's is all folky and ****. no?

Originally posted by dr kevin40
I will only bring peeps if there is ghetto music in the vicinity. someone said obrien's is all folky and ****. no?

there is "ghetto" music at circle bar down the street. o'briens is not folky. it's dope.

Ghetto Music?

Circle (Jerk) Bar is full of beautiful women (because the bouncers only let women in and men have to stay in line) and the play normal/alternative/rock/pop... but not much rap or hip/hop... unless it's changed... The Oarhouse (known to us as the Whorehouse) used to play more Rap/Hip-hop... but is no longer... it is the Brig...

O'Briens is dope... Tons of great single malts, good beer, and dope tunes...

C

PS: lets organize a real outing asap...

wait uclachris
You cant go on Saturday right? So do you wanna reschedule?

well if you guys get a crew for the 26th go for it... we can always have part deux!!

ok so who is for sure in this Saturday??

ok....I'm in....
but if we can't get more than just a couple people this weekend,
we should reschedule for a different day....

Originally posted by SM-UCLA tech
ok....I'm in....
but if we can't get more than just a couple people this weekend,
we should reschedule for a different day....

i agree.

There certainly must be more than just 3 people from SDN who live in LA, are over 21 (or have a fake ID), and like to hang out...

i'm la- but i'm a chick and ya'll seem to be boys.

A chick pre-med from LA? Noooooo? It can't be! Well get some of your friends, guys and girls to come out. I promise not bite!

;-)

C

it doesn't matter if you are male or female.....we can all hang out and have a good time....and release stress and chat!

I say we figure out how many can make it saturday...

which would be tonight i guess!
man i'm up too late!

I'm a chick too!