Lost and need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wishicouldgetin

Reaction score
I have taken the DAT twice.
1st attempt AA:19, Bio:15 Chem:17 Ochem:21, TS:17, RC: 20, QR: 20, PAT:24
second attempt (very recent) was AA:18, Bio:15, Chem:21, Ochem:22, TS:19, RC:14, QR:20, PAT:20. I'd like your thoughts on what I could do to give myself a shot. Would the first RC score be completely disregarded due to my second attempt? And I’m not sure what I can do for Bio.. I felt prepared and got wrecked. Although the TS score improved I just feel very discouraged and that all the studying was wasted… More stats GPA:3.3 BCP:3.56

Members don't see this ad.

I’d ask yourself, “What made scores change the second time around? Was my studying any different than the first time? Did I stick to a schedule and take any practice tests? Was studying a high priority? Figure out what went wrong that you got those scores, and then make those changes. I would retake it. If you haven’t already, read breakdowns of what students have done to get those higher scores. You got this!

If it means reviewing hundreds of flashcards, teaching the material to a friend, and taking tons of practice tests (not to just see what you’d get, but taking them to test your knowledge, then reviewing them), then that’s what it’s going to take. The bio material is definitely a beast, so you have to be very very strategic about how you study and review it. As for the RC, even if they did strongly consider the RC from the first attempt, the other lower scores could still hurt you. Just my 2¢.

Having a worst second attempt doesn't look great. I'm curious why Bio didn't move, and RC went down? How did you study for this attempt?

If I'm not mistaken, schools look at the most recent attempt, or an average of your multiple attempts.

I think it's very likely you will have to retake, and you need to treat it as if it's the last attempt you will ever get. You need to shoot for 20+ in every section. Take the time you need, buy a program, plan out every single day and how it will help your progression. You should go into the test confident you can make a 20.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey man you are very close to getting good scores. All you need to do is fix up Biology and RC!!! Use Bootcamp!!! It helped me a lot too improve my scores.

I have taken the DAT twice.
1st attempt AA:19, Bio:15 Chem:17 Ochem:21, TS:17, RC: 20, QR: 20, PAT:24
second attempt (very recent) was AA:18, Bio:15, Chem:21, Ochem:22, TS:19, RC:14, QR:20, PAT:20. I'd like your thoughts on what I could do to give myself a shot. Would the first RC score be completely disregarded due to my second attempt? And I’m not sure what I can do for Bio.. I felt prepared and got wrecked. Although the TS score improved I just feel very discouraged and that all the studying was wasted… More stats GPA:3.3 BCP:3.56
Don't give up! Bio is indeed challenging and if English is a 2nd language it makes it even more challenging, there is a lot of reading in the Biology section. There we some changes in the Bio section for 2022 so not sure if that was a problem for the 2nd attempt. I truly believe you can improve those scores. A student who I worked with a fews year back after taking it 4 times reached out to me and with some encouragement and a different game plan he decided to take it again.Guess what? He just graduated from dental school a few weeks ago. He didn't give up and neither should you.

Wishing you the best..Nancy,co/owner, Destroyers

Reactions: 1 users