lost application in mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scdocusc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with their application getting lost in our wonderful american mail system? I mailed pikeville's application off weeks ago and its not there yet. I'm livid. I applied early for a reason and now this happens!!!! I'm hating life right now

Members don't see this ad.

I hate to say this but based on your posts over the past few months it seems that you have incredibly terrible luck.... perhaps you shouldn't apply this year and go and roll around in four leaf clovers at a monestary in ireland or something

I haven't had that problem with applications yet but getting LOR to Interfolio seems to be a big problem if they're not uploaded electronically. What my husband and I do is get a flat rate priority mail envelope and we pay a little extra for delivery confirmation. It costs a little over $5 but it's been worth it to be able to check online to see if it has been delivered.

Members don't see this ad :)
you make your own luck. resubmit immediately - its not the postal services fault in the long run. it happened to me last year with several apps, and as soon as i figured it out, i had another copy (hint hint back up everything...) out same day with overnight shipping. certify all mail you send to schools, it may cost you 3 bucks but it is peace of mind. good luck.

certify all mail you send to schools, it may cost you 3 bucks but it is peace of mind. good luck.

:thumbup::thumbup: I've done this with 10 of my secondaries so I can track them and make sure they arrive where they're supposed to.

DHL and FedEx are not that expensive and are actually cheaper than using usps express mail (overnight).