Lost forein dentist :i

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lecacao

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I am currently working as a dental assistant in VA I have been doing it for a while.but I am tired and I would like to know what do I have to do to became a Dentist in this country.
Can you please share your experience with me? what is the first thing that I have to do ? I don't know anybody else in my situation and I have been looking on internet but is very confusing.

I will greatly appreciate your help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone
I am currently working as a dental assistant in VA I have been doing it for a while.but I am tired and I would like to know what do I have to do to became a Dentist in this country.
Can you please share your experience with me? what is the first thing that I have to do ? I don't know anybody else in my situation and I have been looking on internet but is very confusing.

I will greatly appreciate your help.
Hi..
I understand your situation completely.

So you have to get your credentials Evaluated by ECE and then give nbde exam and apply for DDS/DMD programs.
It's pretty much the gist.
Let me know if you have any specific questions.

All the best.

Sent from my MotoG3 using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
First, you need to decide what you really want, at what price and how soon. Second, what are willing to sacrifice
If you want more respect and a decent income faster and cheaper, then look into becoming a dental hygienist. You can become one as soon as 17 months with very low requirements.
Becoming a dentist is hard, long and very expensive endeavor. The cost is coming close to $300,000. Competition requires now very high stats and remarkable application. It may demand a move or separation from the family
Find out a realistic income of the dentist in your area. How soon you will be able to pay off your loans and what lifestyle you will have while doing it
Exams are expensive - don't rush into them without answering those questions

Reactions: 1 user