Lost in my major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laura Landry

Reaction score
Hi, I joined here to find some help. I can't figure out what I should major in. I am passionate about health, learning about the human body, believe in functional medicine, interested about nutrition. I didn't quite finish college about 13 years ago. So since I'm a little older I dont really want to be in school for 8 years. Is there anything that may sound fitting for me? I do want to take functional medicine courses but stick on what background I should have before this. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

@Laura Landry Could you give an example of "functional medicine" and what occupation it would reflect in medicine?

Reactions: 1 users
@Laura Landry Could you give an example of "functional medicine" and what occupation it would reflect in medicine?

Functional medicine is a more holistic approach to helping the problem. They look at the person as an individual and try to find the root cause of an issue rather than giving meds to calm down a symptom.

Members don't see this ad :)
Functional medicine is a more holistic approach to helping the problem. They look at the person as an individual and try to find the root cause of an issue rather than giving meds to calm down a symptom.
We do that in regular medicine...

Reactions: 5 users
Nutrition is a major in some schools to my knowledge, so you could go in that direction. Public health might be of your interest, too. Nursing is another and would pay pretty well if you finished.

Physiology is another possibility, but is likely to be challenging and very technical by comparison, plus I'm not sure what you would do with that unless you went onto post-grad school.

So you’re looking for “medicine.”

The rest of your post is just filler and buzzwords.

Reactions: 1 user
Wait OP, I'm confused. Are you telling us that you don't want to go to school for 8 years so med school is out of the question, but you want to learn about medicine/the human body?

Ill second filler and buzzwords.

We do that in regular medicine...

No, actually doctors just throw pills at a patient to hide the real problem (usually the pineal gland is calcified and the chakras are misaligned). Your fancy Tylenol just makes you too groggy to get in touch with your inner goddess.